Terms and Conditions
Reservations of accommodation are accepted by Shamrock Cottages on the following conditions.
1. Shamrock Cottages is the trading name of Shamrock Cottages Ltd. Our obligation to you may vary depending whether what you book with us is a Package or a Non-Package. A Package exists if you book 2 or more different components(excluding insurance) with us at the same time. We act as booking agent for the suppliers of the components parts of the holidays we organise, and as such, bookings for their services will form a direct contract between you and the relevant supplier, and will be subject to the supplier's standard terms and conditions. However although we act as an agent on behalf of these suppliers, where the booking made with us or through us is for a Package, we voluntarily accept the legal liabilities on 'organisers' by the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. A Non-Package exists if you make a booking with us for a single holiday component, for example, cottage or car ferry.
2. Full payment is due 6 weeks prior to the start of the holiday, or at the time of booking if this is later. If the balance is not received by the appointed date, Shamrock Cottages shall be entitled to cancel the booking and all deposits and payments already made shall be forfeited without prejudice to Shamrock Cottages right to claim for the balance of the total price.
3. If you cancel your booking you must immediately notify Shamrock Cottages in writing. Shamrock Cottages will refund £60 per cottage per week of the deposit paid (64 euro if 100 euro deposit paid), when they are able to resell (provided that at least the full deposit required has been paid). If full payment has been made, refund of 75% will be made, when they are able to resell. No deposit returned if cancelled within 6 weeks.
4. The customer undertakes to pay all extra charges as indicated in the brochure and shall indemnify Shamrock Cottages against any damage or loss caused by the customer or any member of his party.
5. The holiday home owner does not accept any liability for loss of or damage to, personal effects, baggage, motor car, or any other item belonging to the hirer or any member of the hirer's party.
6. The total number in the party should not exceed the maximum number stated for any particular cottage, unless prior consent has been obtained. Additional charges may be applied. The holiday home owner reserves the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund for a breach of this contract.
7. The holiday home may not be occupied before 4 p.m. on the hire start date unless prior permission has been obtained from the holiday home owner. The holiday home must be vacated by 11 a.m. on the final day of the hire and left in a clean condition. A charge will be made if additional cleaning is required.
8. Every effort has been made to ensure that the holiday home descriptions contained in the current brochure are correct. The holiday home owner reserves the right to make modifications to the holiday home specifications that are considered necessary in the light of the operating requirements. Where possible clients will be notified of changes before commencement of their holiday.
9. If the hirer is not entirely satisfied with the accommodation offered, he should contact the owner or the owner's representative immediately and attempt to resolve the problem. Where this is not possible, he should contact Shamrock Cottages by telephone in the U.K. during office hours. If after that he still feels that the problem has not been resolved to his satisfaction, then he must within 14 days of the end of the hire period put comments in writing to Shamrock Cottages. Unless this procedure is strictly observed we cannot entertain any claim arising out of complaints.
10. In the event of non performance or improper performance of the contract, refund payable to the hirer is limited to the cost of equivalent suitable alternative accommodation and shall in no circumstances exceed the total cost of the holiday, where alternative accommodation is not available.
11. If, despite our best efforts and having followed the above procedure for reporting and resolving your complaint, you feel that it has not been satisfactorily settled, we recommend that it is referred for arbitration under the ABTOT Travel Industry Arbitration Service. An Independent Arbitrator will review the documents relating to any complaint and deliver a binding decision to bring the matter to a close. Details of this scheme are available from The Travel Industry Arbitration Service, administered by Dispute Settlement Services Ltd at Old Exchange House, Marford Road,Wheathampstead, Herts, AL4 8AY or from ABTOT, 117 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BT. This scheme cannot however decide in cases where the sums claimed exceed £ 1,500 per person or £ 7,500 per booking form, or for claims which are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequence thereof.
12. Ferry prices may be subject to fuel and other surcharges. When you travel with a carrier (eg ferry), the conditions of the carrier apply, some of which limit or exclude liability. Shamrock Cottages cannot be held responsible for the consequences of any travel delay occasioned by industrial action, weather or any other reason beyond their control and no specific arrangements have been made in the event of delay. Shamrock Cottages act as Agents for the ferry companies and Budget Car Rental.
13. Sterling rental and car hire rates were assessed on exchange rate of £1 equals 1.07 euro and may be subject to surcharge if major fluctuation from that rate occurs.
14. Hire terms include VAT rates in force at the time the brochure was published. They are subject to change if the appropriate rate alters.
15. An amendment fee of £10 may be charged where appropriate for a change made to bookings and a £30 fee for each fully paid ferry and car hire booking, if cancelled within 6 weeks of outward sailing date.